I grew up in the kitchen, learning to cook from my grandmother and mother the way families have shared their recipes and techniques for generations. With busier schedules and more readily available fast food, fewer people have the same opportunities I had. The Heritage Cook encourages singles and families to get back in the kitchen, guides those who are beginning to cook or honing their skills, and helps people who need to learn how to eat a gluten-free diet. Every recipe on the blog from mid-2012 on (when I was diagnosed with gluten-intolerance) contains both regular and gluten-free options and all the photos are the gluten-free versions I make for my family. We start every week with very popular Chocolate Mondays, a sure way to brighten your day.
Do you like what you see here at The Heritage Cook?
I thoroughly enjoy working with brands and have worked with a number of companies including The Food Network’s FN Dish, Char-Broil, and Gourmet Garden. I have been gluten-free since 2012 after my diagnosis with gluten-intolerance. Many of my readers are gluten-free and all my recipes from 2012 to the present contain both regular and gluten-free options. While I can work with any ingredients, being able to taste what I am making obviously benefits both of us.
I am selective about the companies I work with, and will only promote products that I use in my own home. If you feel your brand is a good fit let’s chat. If your company or product(s) are safe for the gluten-free community, I would love to work with you. I offer a variety of ways to work together, which include those listed above. If you have other ideas, let’s talk and see if it is a good fit. Let’s get creative together!
I am entertaining sponsors for this blog. Before sending any inquiries, please read a few posts to make sure your company is a good fit. The focus of my cooking is fresh, seasonal, and Chocolate Mondays with easy to adapt recipes for gluten-free living. If you would like more information about sponsorships, please send me an email.
Please contact me for current blog stats and rates . If you have any other ideas you would like to pitch, I would like to hear about them.
I would love to add your company to my list of satisfied clients! Thank you for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you.
Original recipes featured on The Food Network/Cooking Channel since 2012; Nearly 100 recipes
Original recipes created for Char-Broil as part of the Char-Broil All-Stars; over 50 recipes
Contributing Chef for Gourmet Garden herbs; over 20 original recipes
Presenter at BlogHer Food 2014
- Gluten Free Living Magazine, Slow, Sweet & Southern Barbecue, July 2015
- WebLords Sindicated Feed, 13 Unique Grill Recipes to Make this Summer, July 2015
- Featured on FoodBlogs.com since 2011
- Super Chupy, July 2015
- Salty Pepper, July 2015
- Parade’s Community Table, 19 Ways to Eat Cherries All Day, Every Day, July 2015
- Delishhh Blog, July 2015
- Buzzfeed, 13 Ethnic Grill Recipes for Summer, July 2015
- Bullet Metro, July 2015
- SFPFS, Salt Tasting, photography featured, July 2015
- 8 Gossip, July 2015
- The Secret Ingredient, July 2015
- The Food Ambassador Daily, July 2015
- IACP’s Food Photographer’s & Stylists Section Newsletter, June 2015
- Woman Self, 17 Surprising Recipes for Summer Grilling, June 2015
- Featured on Yummie Nation Twitter feed, July 2015
- Find Me Gluten Free, 4th of July GF Style, June 2015
- Parade’s Community Table, June 2015, 20 Best Brownie Recipes
- The Secret Ingredient, June 2015
- The Sisig Blogger Times, June 2015
- Culinary Prep, June 2015
- Feed Daily – June, 2015
- Parade’s Community Table, April 2015 – 24 Appetizers on Toothpicks
- SFPFS What’s Cooking Newsletter, photography featured, Mar 2015
- San Francisco Professional Food Society’s Annual Directory, cover photo, Feb 2015
- Robyn Webb’s Promote Others Spotlight, Dec 2014
- CakeBoss.com, Espresso Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches, Nov 2014
- Big Bear’s Wife, 100 Chocolate and Peanut Butter Recipes, Aug 2014
- FrannyCakes.com guest post, May 2014
- BBQ Recipe Ideas, Apr 2014
- San Francisco Professional Food Society’s What’s Cooking, Jan 2014
- Featured Pinterest Wine Country Board, Oct 2013
- Your Home with Karie Engels: Grilled Salmon and Pinot Noir, April 2013
- California Olive Ranch – Dec 2011
- Cook Train Eat Race Gazette, Nov 2011
- Inducted into the Culinary Hall of Fame, Sept 2011
- Fine Cooking, Soup Week Challenge, March 2011