Food bloggers are the most amazing people. They support one another, share ideas and techniques, and our mutual love of food creates an extended family. They also have the most remarkable collection of recipes, many from their families’ passed down through the generations. Others are newer concepts, very trendy today. When I asked them for their favorite recipes using apples, they shared over 100 with me! I have decided to break them out into sections; today we are featuring Apples for Breakfast and Brunch recipes!
Many of these recipes are either already gluten-free or easily adapted. If you want some guidance in adapting them, check out my Gluten-Free tab at the top of the page and specifically the Converting a Recipe to Gluten-Free page. As always, if you have any questions or need help, contact me and I will gladly help you figure it out.
If you have children in your home, you can bet that their first request for breakfast is anything sweet. Here are nine treats that are sure to be hits with everyone in your family! A few of these are easy to adapt to gluten-free and those are marked with (GF) for you.
- Applesauce Quick Bread (Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy, Peanut & Tree Nut Free & Vegan) from Megan of Allergy Awesomeness (GF)
- Vegan Apple Cider Baked Doughnuts from Karen of Kitchen Treaty (GF)
- Caramel Apple Upside Down French Toast Bake from Karen of The Food Charlatan
- Apple Maple Bacon Pancakes from Michele of Flavor Mosaic (GF)
- Vegan Ambrosia Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls from Alexandra of Delish Knowledge
- Apple Pie Filled Doughnuts from Carla of Chocolate Moosey
- Four Ingredient Apple Cider Doughnuts from Karen of The Food Charlatan
- Pumpkin Apple Baked Mini Pancakes from Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean (GF)
- Peanut Butter and Apple Pancakes from Melinda of Kitchen Tested (GF)
My preferences run more toward the savory and hearty plates for breakfast, giving me plenty of energy for the day ahead. Some of these can be made ahead making it easier to have a healthy breakfast on the table in the morning and they are all gluten-free friendly.
- Butternut Squash Hash with Apples, Sausage, and Kale from Julia of The Roasted Root
- Apple, Pear, and Almond Baked Oatmeal from Courtney of Neighbor Food
- Apple Pecan Blondie Oatmeal from Kathy of Healthy Slow Cooking
- Maple Apple Breakfast Sausage from Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean
- Apple-Onion Chicken Breakfast Sausage (Paleo) from Faith of An Edible Mosaic
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats from Kelly of Tasting Page
Muffins are always a popular way to start your day or the perfect mid-morning snack to tide you over until lunch. I love their portability and that you can make a batch of them ahead and have them for the week. I always seem to have a slump in energy around 4:00pm and start rummaging for something to keep me going. There are creative treats that definitely would hit the spot for me! All of these recipes are easy to convert to gluten-free if you need or want to.
- Zucchini Cinnamon Apple Muffins from Zerrin of Give Recipe
- Apple Fritter Muffins from Gina of Running to the Kitchen
- Apple Pumpkin French Toast Muffins from Amanda of Produce for Kids
- Cinnamon Apple Muffins from Joanne of Seasonal Family Fun
- Healthy Apple, Oat, and Pecan Muffins from Lyubomira of Cooking LSL
- Caramel Apple Streusel Muffins from Coleen of The Redhead Baker
- Applesauce Muffins from Tracey of The Kitchen is my Playground
- Apple Paleo Muffins from Lisa of Cook Eat Paleo
- Cheesy Eggplant-Apple Quesadillas from Kristin of Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Vegan Peanut Apple Kettle Corn Bites (Gluten-Free) from Taylor of Food Faith Fitness
- Autumn Cinnamon Apple Biscuits (Vegan; Dairy-Free) from Kathy of Healthy Slow Cooking
I hope you enjoyed this recipe round-up. I know my mouth is watering and I’ve bookmarked a ton of them to make for me and The Artist!
Thanks to the generosity of my food tribe I will have two more collections to share with you, all different ways to use apples in your cooking and baking. Keep your eyes open for them to show up in the coming weeks!
Create a New Tradition Today!
Let’s connect! If you ever need any entertaining or cooking advice, need to alter a recipe for gluten-free, or want recipe suggestions, don’t hesitate to ask. Feel free to quote me, just give credit where credit is due, link to the recipe, and send people to my website. Unauthorized use, distribution, and/or duplication of proprietary material from The Heritage Cook without prior approval is prohibited. If you have any questions or would like permission, please contact me. The suggestions here are not intended as dietary advice or as a substitute for consulting a dietician, physician, or other medical professional. Please see the Disclaimers page for additional details. Thanks for joining the Heritage Cook Family!