WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. In addition, we may ask you to create a user profile, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To process payment for purchases you make through the Website (possible future function); or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- MailChimp – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Tailwind – this service is used to schedule appointments and may collect your contact information.
- Akismet – this service monitors the Website usage and helps block spam. Akismet may capture your IP address but no other personal information is captured.
- WordFence – this service monitors the Website usage and helps block spam attempts. WordFence may capture your IP address but no other personal information is captured.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
The Heritage Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Last updated: 22 May 2018
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this Website, it will be used in accordance with this privacy statement. When you use this Website, the following information may be collected:
-Name and e-mail address
-Demographic information (such as IP addresses) or other information that does not permit the identification of individual persons.
Demographic and technical information is gathered to enhance the reader experience and ensure that continued operation of the Website. In addition, information that users voluntarily provide through the Website, such as comments or board posts will be collected and maintained on the Website. E-mails sent to the operator of the Website will also be collected and stored.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your data. We use a variety of methods to help protect your personal information. Despite these measures, you should know that the risk associated with submitting your personal data will never be eliminated, and your personal data could be accessed through an unauthorized user or through an inadvertent disclosure.
You may request deletion of your personal data by us, but we may be required by law or otherwise to keep this information. In addition, while we may delete your personal information from our active servers, your personal information may remain in our archives or data backup systems maintained by us or our service providers.
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights (As Provided by California Civil Code section 1798.83):
A California resident who has provided Personal Data to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a “California Customer”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of Personal Data, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom Personal Data was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of Personal Data that were disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing [Contact Email for Privacy Questions]. Please note that we are required to respond to one request per California Customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
For users residing outside of the United States of America, your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Most browsers contain “cookies”, which allows the Website to store certain data about your visit. When a reader leaves a comment, along with other identifying information, that information is stored so that on subsequent visits readers do not have to re-enter that information again. Sensitive information, like name, phone numbers, and addresses are not collected or stored unless users leave them on the Website itself. The owner of the Website does not advise readers to post sensitive information where it can be read by others.
For additional information on opting out of multiple ads visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
“Click tracking” is also used, which gathers information where readers click on the Website. The Website owner does not track individual’s click patterns and the information is collected for the sole purpose of troubleshooting and/or gathering information about the user base as a whole.
We do not have control over cookies placed by advertisers here or at their site(s). Please visit the privacy policies of those sites for further information.
Our servers, statistics-gathering software, and WordPress may also automatically collect information about your computer when you visit the Website, including without limitation the type of browser software you use, the operating system you are running, the Website that referred you, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. Your IP address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university.
For more information about the servers and/or WordPress, please read their privacy policies:
Limited access to our database is also given to third parties that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance and assistance, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those services. These people are website designers and technicians. You expressly consent to the sharing of your personal information with our contractors or other service providers for the sole purpose of providing the services of the Website.
When you leave a comment, your IP (internet protocol) address is recorded. For more information about IP addresses visit IP Address (Wikipedia). This information can be used to block or ban users from the Website. When you leave a comment on the Website, you do so with the knowledge that it can be edited or deleted at the discretion of the owner of the Website. Malicious or comments with false information are removed as soon as possible. Please use appropriate caution when divulging personal information in the comments as that information is visible and available to the public at large.
This Website is intended for use of people over the age of 10 years old; children should be supervised by an adult when cooking and using kitchen equipment.