Today’s recipe, Deluxe Pizza Spaghetti, is a fun, fast, and easy recipe from the new cookbook, The Incredible One-Pot Cooking by Megan Marlowe. This is a great book that has reinterpreted classic recipes everyone will love!
Loaded with delicious flavors, Deluxe Pizza Spaghetti is a really fun one-dish recipe that welcomes modifications to suit your tastes. Feel free to change up the ingredients to include your favorite pizza toppings.
I did a gluten-free version of this recipe using gluten-free spaghetti, adjusting the cooking time to match the recommendations on the pasta packaging. It worked perfectly and The Artist and I felt we were at our local pizzeria enjoying a pepperoni pizza just made with pasta!
The tomato sauce is very tasty and the pepperoni adds a terrific pop of flavor and a touch of spice to every bite. I cut mine into small squares (it came pre-sliced) so it dispersed into the dish beautifully. There was pepperoni throughout the sauce.
When I went looking for fresh mozzarella for the dish, the only kind I found in our grocery store were these adorable mini “pearls”. Aren’t they cute! They look like mini marshmallows in the photos, but I swear they are cheese!
This lovely cookbook is filled with easy, delicious recipes for exciting meals without the mess and is from Page Street Publishing. The 60 recipes are divided into 5 sections: Coop’d Up in One Pan, Meaty Classics with Easy Cleanup, Comfort from the Docks, Clever One-Dish Pastabilities, and No-Fuss One-Pot Soups. Most of the recipes take 30 minutes or less making them very doable for weeknight meals.
Some of the recipes that caught my eye …
- Salsa Verde Chile Pork Enchiladas
- Chili Mac Tortilla Pie
- Deluxe Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
- Poor Man Tacos
- Jerk Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- Nashville Hot Cobb Salad
- General Tso’s Shrimp Po’boy
Beautiful full color photographs show you how the author imagined each dish, giving you ideas for how to serve your own creations. The photos are definitely tantalizing, making you want to cook each recipe!
In addition to writing this great cookbook, Megan Marlowe is also the founder and voice behind Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, a really fun blog with an amazing variety of recipes that are as enticing as they are creative. Swing by and check it out!
I hope you buy a copy of The Incredible One-Pot Cooking cookbook and make this Deluxe Pizza Spaghetti soon, enjoying every bite just like we did!
Key Ingredients for Deluxe Pizza Spaghetti:
- Bulk Italian sausage (without casings)
- Garlic, onion, and bell pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Parmesan and mozzarella
Be sure all the pasta is beneath the level of the liquid so it cooks evenly and thoroughly. Stir it occasionally as it cooks to be sure it doesn’t stick together.
How to make Deluxe Pizza Spaghetti:
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet; transfer to a plate
- Add oil to the same pan and sauté the garlic, onions, and bell pepper
- Season with the Italian seasoning then add the tomatoes, water and spaghetti and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat and cook 13 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked
- Stir in the pepperoni, Parmesan, and mozzarella; serve hot
Kitchen Tools I Use to Make This Recipe (affiliate links):
Use your favorite gluten-free spaghetti for this recipe and adjust the cook time according to package directions. I used DeLallo brand and we loved it!
- 8 oz (224 g) Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tbsp (5 g) Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (28 oz; 784 g) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 8 oz (224 g) spaghetti
- 3 oz (84 g) pepperoni, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (45 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (65 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sliced black olives, for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, breaking up clumps. Transfer the sausage to a plate.
- Add the oil, garlic, onion, and green bell peppers to the skillet and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, water, and spaghetti and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 13 to 15 minutes or until the spaghetti is cooked.
- Stir in the pepperoni, cooked sausage, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese before serving. Garnish the spaghetti with black olives, if using.
From The Incredible One-Pot Cooking cookbook by Megan Marlowe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 1230mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
If you love this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
Create a New Tradition Today!