Today I am sharing a recipe for Reese’s Brownies, the perfect way to kick off the week and use leftover Halloween candy or, if you’re like me, the best excuse to buy an extra bag of Reese’s peanut butter cups ahead of time! They are the perfect blending of chocolate and peanut butter with bites of the candy in every square. These are positively addicting, so beware and plan to make gifts to your neighbors like I did so I wouldn’t eat the whole pan! Check out the recipe below.
Welcome to #Choctoberfest 2018 with Imperial Sugar! This week instead of just Chocolate Monday, you have a full week of chocolate! From now until the end of the week, I am joining forces with over 100 other bloggers from around the world to post delicious chocolate recipes. Every day, #Choctoberfest bloggers will be celebrating all things chocolate – milk, dark, white, bittersweet, semi-sweet, and cocoa!
We are starting this week with a #Choctoberfest prize pack from our generous sponsors. Scroll down to learn how you can enter to win. One lucky winner will receive the following:
- A 100-Piece Cake Decorating Kit from our blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen. This set includes a cake turntable, piping bags, piping tips, flower nozzles, scapers, and more.
- An Instant Pot and a 40-Pound Case of Granulated Sugar from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar. Imperial Sugar provides high-quality sugar and sweetener products and over 100 years of time-tested recipes. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial Sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations.
- Coconut Oil and Chocolate Silk Greens from our silver sponsor Barlean’s, your trusted source for chocolatey goodness superfood nutrition. Barlean’s has a commitment to staying ahead of the innovation curve in providing the absolute highest quality product.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Forte Chocolates. You’ll receive 12 of their most popular chocolate bars. With Forte Chocolates, you can celebrate life through chocolate. They also have a line of chocolate developed specifically to use in savory recipes.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Divine Chocolate. You’ll receive one of each of their baking bars, a white chocolate bar, and their top 5 everyday bars. Divine Chocolate is the only Fairtrade chocolate company in the world that is owned by cocoa farmers. Their baking bars are also a delicious vegan option.
- A Selection of Sprinkles from our silver sponsor Sprinkle Pop. Sprinkle Pop’s bespoke sprinkle creations are one of a kind, just like you! At Sprinkle Pop, you can also order a custom sprinkle mix; there isn’t a sprinkle mix that you can dream up that they can’t create.
That’s a prize pack worth over $400! Open worldwide, except where prohibited. Must be 18+ to enter (21+ in some locations). See terms and conditions for more details.
To enter, simply follow our sponsors using the widget below. You can gain additional entries by following me and the other participating bloggers. A winner will be drawn on October 21, 2018 and contacted via email. Good luck!
Enjoy these Reese’s Brownies and Happy Chocolate Monday!
- 6 tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate (70% cacao) chopped
- 60g (1/2 cup) gluten-free flour blend or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 tsp kosher or fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 9 Reese's snack size peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan and line with a sheet of parchment paper long enough to hang over two sides creating a sling. Butter the parchment.
- Pour about 2-inches of water into a 3 to 4 quart saucepan. Set the bowl of your standing mixer into the pan - it should fit snuggly but the bottom of the bowl should be above the water. Bring the water to a simmer. Place the butter and chocolate in the bowl. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter and chocolate are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- In another bowl, blend together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Remove the bowl with the chocolate mixture from the heat, dry the bottom of the bowl and set on your standing mixer. Using the paddle attachment and with the mixer on low, beat in both the sugars until blended and the mixture is cooled enough to hold your hand on the bottom of the bowl. Add the eggs and beat on low to mix in; turn up to medium and beat for about a minute or until lightened in color and fluffy. Stop the mixer and thoroughly scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and the beater(s). Add the dry ingredients, beat on low until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the parchment paper-lined baking pan then press the mini Reese's cups into the batter in rows, pressing gently into the batter. Pour the remaining batter over the top and gently spread so the cups are completely covered with a small offset spatula.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted between the cups comes out with a few moist crumbs. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Loosen the uncovered edges with a knife and use the parchment paper to help lift the brownies out of the pan. Use a long, sharp knife to cut into squares and serve at room temperature.
- Yield: about 9 servings
- NOTE: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are gluten free except the unwrapped minis and seasonal shaped items.
Here are more recipes from Choctoberfest just for you!
Don’t forget to come back to my blog for more chocolatey goodness between now and October 20.
Check out our participating bloggers:
The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ 27th and Olive ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ A Little Fish in the Kitchen ♥ addicted 2 recipes ♥ Amy’s Cooking Adventures ♥ An Affair from the Heart ♥ April GoLightly ♥ At the Table with R and R ♥ Baking Sense ♥ Blade & Barbell ♥ Blogghetti ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Books n’ Cooks ♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥ Canning and Cooking at Home ♥ Cheese Curd In Paradise ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Cindy’s Recipes and Writings ♥ Coconut & Lime ♥ Cook With Renu ♥ Cook’s Hideout ♥ Cookaholic Wife ♥ Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt ♥ CopyKat.com ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥ Everyday Eileen ♥ Fairyburger ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Family Around the Table ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Frugal & Fit ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥ Growing Up Gabel ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks ♥ Home Sweet Homestead ♥ House of Nash Eats ♥ Intelligent Domestications ♥ jenniferbakes ♥ JoAnn’s Food Bites ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair ♥ Jolene’s Recipe Journal ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥ Kate’s Recipe Box ♥ Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats ♥ LeMoine Family Kitchen ♥ Life on Food ♥ Life, Love, and Good Food ♥ Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish ♥ Little House Big Alaska ♥ Long Distance Baking ♥ Maria’s Mixing Bowl ♥ Moore or Less Cooking ♥ Must Love Home ♥ Norine’s Nest ♥ Our Good Life ♥ Our Sutton Place ♥ OVENTales ♥ Palatable Pastime ♥ Prettysweetblog ♥ Red Cottage Chronicles ♥ Restless Chipotle ♥ Reviews, Chews & How-Tos ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥ Sarah’s Bake Studio ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Seasonal and Holiday Recipe Exchange ♥ Seasoned Sprinkles ♥ Seduction In The Kitchen ♥ Simple Family Crazy Life ♥ Simply Inspired Meals ♥ Snacks and Sips ♥ Soulfully Made ♥ Stephie The Happy Mom ♥ Sumptuous Spoonfuls ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Take Two Tapas ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ That Recipe ♥ The Baking Fairy ♥ The Beard and The Baker ♥ The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine ♥ The Gingered Whisk ♥ The Heritage Cook ♥ The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen ♥ The Olive Blogger ♥ The Pajama Chef ♥ The Redhead Baker ♥ The Saucy Fig ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ This is How I Cook ♥ Trampling Rose ♥ Turnips 2 Tangerines ♥ Walking Fruitfully ♥ Wendy Polisi ♥ Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen ♥ Zesty South Indian Kitchen