If there is one thing that The Artist loves, it is biscuits. But they became rare in our house once I had to go gluten-free. Now I have a new recipe to share with you that brings them back to our breakfast table and yours too – easy gluten-free cream biscuits!!
These cream biscuits are light with a crispy exterior. Very similar to regular biscuits, you and your family will be pleasantly surprised by how good they are.
They use baking powder as the leavener, so there is no waiting for yeast to rise. You can have these mixed up and in the oven in about 5 minutes, perfect for a quick breakfast treat.
I got 7 biscuits using a 2 tbsp spring-loaded ice cream scoop. It keeps my hands clean and makes portioning out dough quick and each one is the same size. They bake up very evenly.
If you are serving a larger crowd, you can double the recipe. If you need more than that, make two batches instead of quadrupling, you will get better results.
I made mine with oregano and dill, but you can make them plain for a sweeter cream biscuit and serve them with jam. Next time I may add chopped green chiles and serve them alongside a Mexican stew.
I found the recipe on the Life After Wheat website by Celeste. Keep an eye out for her Gluten Free Crepes, Dinner Rolls, Nutella Rice Krispies Treats, and Cinnamon Rolls recipes. I could eat all of those every day and always have a smile on my face!
Make the cream biscuits soon and you’ll have a very happy family. Kids especially will love them!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Jane’s Tips and Hints:
You can double the recipe but don’t make it any bigger. It is better to make two batches. You will get much better results.
I used my regular gluten-free flour blend, but you can use any all-purpose flour blend you like, such as Cup4Cup, Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1, or King Arthur.
Easy Gluten Free Cream Biscuits
- 1 cup (120g) gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum or 1/2 tsp psyllium husk powder if not already
- included in your flour blend
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp chopped herbs of your choice, optional
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- Melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the cream while stirring with a spoon, just until everything is combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Using a wet 2 tbsp spring-loaded ice cream scoop or two spoons, portion the biscuit dough and set onto the prepared baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to gently brush the biscuit tops with a little of the melted butter.
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, until the tops are a golden brown and biscuits are done inside (internal temperature will be about 115°F). Remove from the oven, and let cool about 10 minutes to finish baking before serving.
Adapted from a recipe from Life After Wheat
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Create a New Tradition Today!