Before the Internet, we were limited to the ingredients that were stocked in our local stores. If you lived near a large city you had a broader selection to choose from, but often the choices were paltry. These days we are limited only by our imagination and access to a computer.
For many years I used King Arthur flours that I bought in my local grocery store, always pleased with the quality and consistency, and then I discovered their catalog. I would flip through it, dreaming of all the amazing things I could create with their vast array of ingredients. Now, whenever I am looking for unusual and special ingredients for baking or I am just restocking my pantry, I head straight to King Arthur’s website.
King Arthur Flour, America’s oldest flour company, was founded in 1790 in Boston and is now headquartered in Norwich, Vermont. They are the nation’s premier baking resource backed by the passion and commitment of their dedicated employee-owners. Yep, every employee is an owner in the company, which gives them a unique focus on customer service. Reading through the history helps you understand its evolution to today’s company with its dedication to social responsibility, the environment, the community and maintaining an exemplary level of quality in their products.
With the crush of the holidays looming, we can all use as many sources of information and support as possible. I love King Arthur’s Baking Circle, the online community where you can talk with other bakers, ask questions, find answers to your baking challenges and find well-tested, community approved recipes. The other thing that is really fun to follow is their Baking Banter blog.Written by their staff, it is full of wonderful stories and recipes, just the kind that really inspire me to get in the kitchen.
Here are some of King Arthur’s most popular recipes:
- No-Fuss Focaccia
- Whole Wheat Waffles
- Bacon-Cheddar-Chive Scones
- Braided Lemon Bread
- King Arthur’s Carrot Cake
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Sourdough Baguettes
- Cabot Cheddar Soda Bread
- Bakewell Cream Biscuits
**** GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED ****
Today I am thrilled to announce that, just in time for our busy holiday baking season, the wonderful people at King Arthur are sponsoring a GIVEAWAY with The Heritage Cook!
They are putting together a selection of some of their most popular ingredients that I know you will love. The winner will receive a Holiday Baking Collection including:
- A coupon for a bag of King Arthur Flour of your choice
- Peppermint Crunch, try it on cupcakes, frosted cookies or sprinkled over ice cream for a touch of the holidays anytime of the year
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups which are perfect in cookies, muffins, batter breads or just for snacking
- The stunning Sparkling White Sugar which adds a sweet crunch and makes everything you bake look professionally made
- Fiori di Sicilia, one of my culinary secret weapons that gives everything a hint of citrus with a touch of vanilla
Note: substitutions may be made due to availability
Without further ado, let’s get to the good part, the Giveaway!!
- The Contest is open only to residents of the United States and Canada over 18 years of age (my apologies to my wonderful international friends).
- The Contest runs through Saturday, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time).
- ONE winner will be chosen by a random number generator.
- The Winner will be notified by email on Sun, Dec 11th.
- The Winner has 48 hours to claim the prize or an alternate winner will be drawn.
MAIN ENTRY REQUIRED: Leave a comment below answering the following questions: What is your favorite treat to bake for the holidays and is it a family tradition or something new?
For Additional Entries: You also have 8 additional ways to win. You must leave a SEPARATE comment for each of the following activities for each entry to count. Leave comments at the bottom of this page.
1. Follow The Heritage Cook on TWITTER. Leave a separate comment on this post when this is done.
2. Tweet the following: “Want to win a baking collection from @KingArthurFlour and @TheHeritageCook? Enter the Holiday #Giveaway today. http://bit.ly/uUaDDO.” Leave a separate comment on this post when this is done.
3. Follow King Arthur Flour on TWITTER. Leave a separate comment on this post when this is done.
4. Like The Heritage Cook on FACEBOOK. Leave a separate comment on this post when this is done.
5. Like King Arthur Flour on FACEBOOK. Leave a separate comment when this is done.
6. Sign up for King Arthur’s Newsletter. Leave a separate comment on this post when this is done.
7. Follow The Heritage Cook on STUMBLE UPON and Stumble this post. Leave a separate comment on this post when this is done.
8. Follow The Heritage Cook on PINTEREST and Pin this post Leave a separate comment on this post when this is done.
Disclaimer: King Arthur Flour donated the products. I am not being compensated for this post and all opinions, as always, are my own.
Have fun, enter often and good luck!!
Unauthorized use, distribution, and/or duplication of proprietary material without prior approval is prohibited. If you have any questions or would like permission, I can be contacted via email at: heritagecook (at) comcast (dot) net. Feel free to quote me, just give credit where credit is due, link to the recipe, and please send people to my website, www.theheritagecook.com.