When life gets hectic and we are looking for any shortcut we can find, pull out this recipe for Super Easy Chocolate Chip Blondies for the perfect sweet snack your whole family will love!
With the heat of summer right around the corner, you can easily assemble and bake these early in the day and avoid overheating your kitchen. You can also make them a day ahead.
These blondies remind me of a cross between a chocolate chip cookie and brownie. They have a very similar dough to the cookies and directions to mix it. I may have used too much chocolate (is that possible?) because they came out quite chocolatey.
You want to be sure you don’t over-bake these, they will finish baking in the center when they are resting and cooling. You are looking for a tender, almost moist interior that cuts easily into squares.
They firm up as they cool, and improve in texture and flavor. Make them a day ahead for the best dessert and to make any party easier because the dessert is already finished!
If you are planning summer picnics, these are the perfect sweet treat. They travel well, just pack them in layers separated by waxed paper or parchment. You could also slice and return them to the baking dish to transport them and serve them when you arrive.
Enjoy these fun and super easy chocolate chip blondies all year long. Happy Chocolate Monday!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Let me know in the comments, I love hearing from you!
Key Ingredients for Super Easy Chocolate Chip Blondies:
- Butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla
- All-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend
- Xanthan gum (only if using GF flour)
- Baking soda, salt, chocolate chips
How can I quickly bring an egg to room temperature?
Heat 2 cups of water in a glass measuring cup for 30 seconds in a microwave to about 90°F. Place the egg in the water and let sit for about 10 minutes until warmed. Then use in the recipe as directed.
If you want to change things up, you can use bittersweet, milk, or white chocolate chips or a combination. Use what you have on hand and enjoy a new treat! You can also add chopped nuts to the mix if you like. Feel free to customize the add-ins to your personal favorites.
How to make Super Easy Chocolate Chip Blondies:
- Cream the butter and sugar then add the egg and vanilla; mix in
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt; add slowly to the butter/sugar mixture, beating on low speed until creamy
- Stir in chocolate chips; spread batter into parchment-lined 9-inch square baking pan and bake 30 minutes or until done
- Cool to room temperature in the pan then use the parchment to lift the blondie out of the pan and onto a cutting board; slice into squares and serve
Recommended Tools (affiliate links; no extra cost to you):
- Kitchen scale
- Parchment paper
- 9-inch square baking pan
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Off-set spatula
- Cutting board
- Long sharp knife
You can convert any baked goods into gluten-free by swapping in a homemade one-for-one style of gluten-free flour blend or store-bought brand (like Bob’s Red Mill’s 1-to-1 blend in the blue bag) for the flour called for in the recipe, you can convert any baked goods you want to gluten-free!
Chocolate Chip Blondies (Gluten-Free)
When life gets hectic and you are looking for any shortcut you can find, pull out this recipe for Super Easy Chocolate Chip Blondies for the perfect sweet snack your whole family will love!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick; 113 g) butter at room temperature, plus more for the pan
- 3/4 cup (175 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum, only if using gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher or fine sea salt
- 6 oz (1 cup; 170 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x9-inch square baking pan and line it with parchment paper. Leave two ends extended over the sides to create a sling to help you lift the blondies out of the pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients slowly to the butter/sugar mixture until fully incorporated and no streaks remain. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake for 30 minutes. The edges will be pulling away from the pan. Do not over bake. My oven always runs cooler so mine took 5 minutes more.
- Let cool to room temperature in the pan then use the parchment sling to lift the blondies out of the pan. Set them on a cutting board and slice into squares.
- Recipe Source: The Heritage Cook
Adapted from an Ina Garten recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
Create a New Tradition Today!